Inside the City of New York's Strategy to Prepare for Climate Change Webinar
Watch a fascinating overview of New York City's climate adaptation efforts, as well as its adaptation outreach and engagement strategies. Our webinar, "Inside the City of New York's Strategy to Prepare for Climate Change," held Dec. 17, featured Adam Freed, the Deputy Director of the New York City Mayor's Office of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability.
This webinar was the first in ICLEIs Climate Adaptation Webinar Series. Highlights of Freed's discussion included:
- An overview of the City's climate adaptation efforts
- How the city was able to actively engage the private sector and insurers
- Steps to getting academia and non-profits on board
- Guidance on how to actively engage scientists in local adaptation planning.
- Ideas for involving residents in the adaptation planning process
- Strategies employed to institutionalize adaptation into standard city operations.