Using EPA's Portfolio Manager Software
EPA's Portfolio Manager software tracks building energy and water use and ranks performance on a 1-100 scale. Learn the advantages of using it, how to get trained, and how it can complement ICLEI's CACP Software 2009.
Visit EPA's Portfolio Manager Website
Share Your Data
Are you using Portfolio Manager? ICLEI is looking for members to share data so we can track how much energy our members are saving. Data will be kept confidential and only released in aggregate. To share data, click on the "Share Facilities" link from the My Portfolio page within Portfolio Manager (view a screen grab of this page). Enter the user name "ICLEIUSA" in the second box and click "Add and Modify" at the lower right. Select the "Read Only" option and click "Continue". Select the facilities you wish to share and click "Continue", then click "Save" (view a screen grab of this page). You have now shared the selected facilities with ICLEI.>> Learn how ICLEI Members are using Portfolio Manager.
Energy Star offers trainings on using Portfolio Manager, low-cost
strategies for reducing energy use, computer power management,
encouraging energy efficiency in your community and more. >> View the Training Calendar
ICLEI offers trainings on how Portfolio Manager and ICLEI’s CACP Software 2009 can be used in a complementary way. (training schedule under development—check back for more information).
Resource: View ICLEI’s Building Efficiency Report Template
Use ICLEI and ENERGY STAR Software Together
Used in conjunction, ICLEI and EPA’s complementary, easy-to-use
software tools create a more complete picture of building energy use
and efficiency opportunities within a community.
>> Learn More
Use ICLEI’s CACP 2009 to:
- Create a comprehensive accounting of government and community energy use, energy spending, greenhouse gas and criteria air pollutant emissions across all sectors
- Measure all types of energy use including buildings, vehicles, waste, and more
- Forecast the impact of reduction measures
Use EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager software to:
- Track monthly energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, costs, and water consumption.
- Rank your facility – and entire portfolio’s - energy performance on a scale of 1-100.
- Recognize achievements through the ENERGY STAR awards program
- Accumulate points towards LEED certification
Use either program to:
- Track building energy use and measure changes to see impact of efficiency projects
- Calculate equivalent CO2 emissions from building energy consumption
Streamline your data collection for both tools by:
- Collecting energy data by month or billing period
- Collecting building characteristic and operations information along with energy use
- Choosing the same baseline period and interim years for both programs