Five Milestones for Climate Adaptation
ICLEI's Five Milestones for Climate Adaptation is a cyclical process that closely mirrors our Five Milestones for Climate Mitigation.
- Milestone One: Conduct a Climate Resiliency Study (vulnerability assessment)
- Milestone Two: Set Preparedness Goals
- Milestone Three: Develop a Climate Preparedness Plan
- Milestone Four: Publish & Implement Preparedness Plan
- Milestone Five: Monitor & Reevaluate Resiliency
ICLEI will continue to work to develop the tools, resources, and information local governments need to successfully navigate the Five Milestones for Climate Adaptation. To see a list of current planning resources, click here.