2012 Extreme Weather and Local Governments
Resources for Reporters
Tell the story of 2012's unprecedented extreme weather from the local perspective: How cities and counties experienced it, and what steps local governments are taking to become more prepared and resilient in the face of increasing heat events, droughts, floods, and wildfires fueled by climate change.
- Press Call Recording, Dec. 6, 2012 (mp3)
Hear from ICLEI's climate expert, and staff from City of Norfolk, VA, and City of Miami, FL, on how they are responding to increasing extreme weather and climate impacts.
- Fact Sheet: 2012 Weather Extremes: Year‐to‐Date Review (World Wildlife Fund)
- Five Steps for Local Governments to Begin Preparing for Climate Impacts (ICLEI)
- Statements for reporters from ICLEI's Climate Programs Director (ICLEI)
- U.S. local governments participating in the Earth Hour City Challenge (WWF)
ICLEI can connect you with municipal staff from local governments across the country, or with ICLEI's own expert climate staff.
Communications and Marketing Director
510-844-0699 Ext. 315