Recap From ICLEI's Resilient Cities 2012 Conferenceby Don Knapp
On May 12-15, more than 400 participants and 217 panelists from local governments around the globe gathered in Bonn for the 3rd edition of ICLEI's Resilience Cities conference, the premier global forum on urban resilience and adaptation. Experts exchanged knowledge and shared innovative urban resilience solutions during dozens of sessions, workshops, and forums.
Browse the Blog
For highlights of the discussions and conversations, read ICLEI Global's Resilient Cities Live Blog. A sampling of the stories:
- USGBC's Jason Hartke on what a house in 2050 will look like
- How Cape Town is fighting poverty and climate change
- Financing resilient cities
- Matchmaking partnerships between cities and investors
- Barcelona's climate challenges
ICLEI has assembled key resilient city resources for local governments worldwide, including:
- ICLEI's climate adaptation programs, including regional and global programs around the world
- Web resources and networks, such as the Asian Cities Climate Change Resilience Network, WeAdapt, and the United Nations Development Program Adaptation to Climate Change Climate Change Library
- A Resilience Library with more than 65 documents, publications, tools and strategies on adaptation and resilience, with a focus on urban areas.