- Epping, NH – Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Design
The Epping Planning Board passed Article 22 – Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Design, which requires non-residential developments to meet green building criteria, using a point system. This case study explains how through an extensive public education and outreach campaign the ordinance was implemented in the town.
- Fairview, TX – A Sustainable Approach to Small Town Expansion
This small town has seen substantial population growth in the last few years. Learn how Fairview, TX worked to preserve the rural character of the town, while still providing opportunities for growth, through its Ten Principles of Development Excellence.
- Jackson, WY – Energy Efficiency Meets Fiscal Responsibility
Realizing that energy efficiency efforts would also make fiscal sense, the Town of Jackson, WY, developed a communications message that highlighted the financial benefits.
- Morgan Hill, CA – A Successful Comprehensive Environmental Agenda
After recognizing that many of the City’s policy goals were related to environmental sustainability, the City Council worked to create a comprehensive environmental agenda to guide the town’s progress.
- Northfield, MN – Community Engagement
The creation of a Energy Task Force allowed the City of Northfield, MN to work directly with the residents and make achievements towards community sustainability.
- Shutesbury, MA – An Innovative Approach to Energy Conservation and Efficiency
Limited budgets required the Town of Shutesbury, MA to think of unique ways to meet its climate protection goals. Learn how Shutesbury looked to outside funding, created an energy committee, and worked with residents to achieve success.