March 19, 2009: DOE has announced Recovery Act funding for the following opportunities:
- Transportation Electrification (DE-FOA-0000026) (applications due 5/13/09)
- Electric Drive Vehicle Battery and Component Manufacturing Initiative (DE-FOA-0000028) (applications due 5/19/09)
To access these funding opportunity announcements, please follow these steps:1. Go to the FedConnect Web site
2. Click on "Search Public Opportunities and Awards."
3. Under "Search Criteria," select "Reference Number" from the drop-down menu.
4. Type the funding opportunity number of the opportunity you are interested in reviewing—DE-FOA-0000026 or DE-FOA-0000028.
5. Click on "Search." Select the opportunity that appears.
6. Look in the right column. Beneath a folder called "00001" is a file called "Body." Click on this to open the text of the opportunity.
Four hundred million dollars is included in the economic stimulus plan for transportation electrification. This will be distributed as grants that either encourage the use of plug-in electric drive vehicles or for projects that implement electric transportation technologies that would significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the use of petroleum. Funding would go directly to either states, local governments, air pollution control districts, metropolitan transportation authorities, or non-profits; however, a minimum of one-third of the funding must go to local governments.