ICLEI USA Members
From a handful of cities participating in a pilot project in the early 1990s to more than 1,000 local governments worldwide today, ICLEI’s member network continues to lead a national and global movement towards advancing climate protection and sustainability. They bring unprecedented experience, leadership, and ability to create solutions to a global problem.
Who are ICLEI USA members?
- ICLEI USA members are small rural towns and bustling metropolises.
- They represent coastal regions and inland areas, stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific and everything in between.
- They drive progress and innovation in 49 states.
- Their populations range in size from 832 people in Cimarron, New Mexico, to more than 8 million in New York City.
- They consistently top the rankings of the Greenest Cities.
- They have led the effort in recent years to envision, accelerate and achieve strong climate protection goals, creating cleaner, healthier, more economically viable communities.
ICLEI members are informing and inspiring a global dialogue of what is possible and necessary. They are working together, driving innovation, and providing powerful leadership and direction.
Becoming an ICLEI member is more than signing a piece of paper or paying annual dues – it’s about joining a committed network of local governments from across the country and around the world, learning from one another and sharing resources to accelerate success -- and to create more vibrant, sustainable communities together.
Questions about ICLEI membership? Contact us.