ICLEI USA Members
Cities, towns, and counties across the United States are members of ICLEI—the largest global network of local governments working to create more sustainable, resilient communities and in the process address global issues like climate change.
Our Powerful Network
- ICLEI members comprise a powerful movement of more than 1,000 cities and local governments around the globe, including 12 mega-cities, 100 super-cities and urban regions, 450 large cities as well as 450 small and medium-sized cities and towns in 84 countries.
- In the United States, 450 member cities and counties include small rural towns and bustling metropolises in 46 states.
- They are the recognized leaders on climate action and sustainability.
- They have led the effort in recent years to envision, accelerate and achieve strong climate protection goals and create cleaner, healthier, more economically viable communities.
- Their elected officials have demonstrated their leadership by participating in initiatives like the Resilient Communities for America Agreement and the U.S. Mayors Climate Protection Agreement.
ICLEI's Leadership Role
- From a handful of cities participating in a pilot project in the early 1990s to more than 1,000 local governments worldwide today, ICLEI’s member network continues to lead a national and global movement towards advancing climate protection and sustainability.
- In the United States, ICLEI USA is the recognized leader on climate action and clean energy, setting national standards and providing cutting-edge software tools, trainings, and technical support to help cities and counties advance their goals.
- ICLEI USA serves as a gateway to solutions, and helps local governments learn from one another and share best practices.